Vmax200, the premiere top speed members club in the UK
Vmax200 is a private coming together of likeminded people and extreme machinery with one goal: to achieve their maximum ground speed on a 2 mile, straight runway.
We strive to push our cars and ourselves to the limit and most of all, to have great fun in a safe environment
An example video of what happens at VMax:
An example of what happens is on this great write-up. Click here.
VMax regular JeremyC has put together an excellent summary of the Dos and Donts of having a great time at VMax:
- Have a great time; it is difficult not to.
- Come and say hello to everyone – it is a great social event.
- Ask for passenger rides if you want to – most are very accommodating.
- Check your car carefully before the day: tyres (condition and pressures), brakes, fluids etc.
- Build up slowly through the day; there are no prizes for outbraking yourself on the first run and ending up embedded in the earth bank.
- Ask questions of anyone if you’re unsure.
- Remember it’s not the going fast that kills you – it’s the inability to stop.
- Try and show what a perfect drift merchant you are around the final bend into the waiting area; it will end in tears.
- Try and get the fastest run of the day through the traps first time out.
- Learn how well you can slow from high speeds first.
- Compromise safety in any way – either yourself or others.
- Invite all your mates to come along and see how fast you can go – the limit on spectators is your passenger.
- Worry overly – hundreds of people have had fantastic days in complete safety.